Sunday, June 19, 2011

ARTifacts by Leada Wood, Artist of Texas


ARTifact by Leada Wood©

As you can see I had a busy afternoon at Studio Twenty. I added bible verses, and  yes I did ask my mom what her favorite was. It did arouse her curiosity, she maybe almost 90 but is still sharp as a tack!  I collaged a photo of her when she was about 20 in the right hand corner. I then collaged a photo of some arches to symbolize passages and a photo of her and my dad when they were first married. I added a key onto the fleur de lis, to symbolize the keys to the kingdom of heaven. The fleur de lis is a Christian symblom and has lots of meanings. My mom was always very fashionable and liked jewelry, so I added the pearls, because they remind me of her.

There is still a way to go but I am getting there! Stay tuned!


No comments: