Saturday, July 30, 2011

An Artist's Life by Leada Wood

Workshop in progress

Artists come in all sizes, shapes and ages. We never get too old to learn! Here are a few dear friends of mine learning a new twist on collage at Studio Twenty.  I love doing collage! I feel like I am repurposing things most folks throw away, you could say it is a green art process. The thing is, you can combine collage with all mediums and mix up your process and come up with some wonderful paintings and techniques.  Or if they don't turn out so wonderful you can keep going until you do love your creation. Sometimes I take old paintings, watercolor or acrylic, on paper or canvas, that aren't up to my expectations and use it as an underpainting and start layering things on top.
It is a great way to recycle materials and turn those bowzers into wowzers! To see some of my collages click here: http://www.leadawood.com/
Thanks for stopping by!

"Rest not! Life is sweeping by, go dare before you die. Something mighty and sublime, leave behind to conquer time." -Johann Wolfgang Von Goethe

No comments: