Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Sea Shells by the Seashore by Leada Wood©

Sea Shells by the Seashore by Leada Wood©

This is for Inspiration Avenue's weekly challenge. I painted it in my journal so it is pretty loose. I enjoy putting interesting quotes that I want to remember with my journal paintings. I also write them inside the front and back cover of the book. I like to use a sketchbook with paper strong enough to take whatever medium I may want to work with. I also like having a hardback cover so I can make the outside of the book interesting as well. I usually start with a coat of gesso and them start adding layers until it pleases me. I am trying to do more journaling as it is fun to look back at later and see what you were up to. It is also very good therapy!

3 comments:

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

This is gorgeous and it makes me feel all happy when I look at this drawing. It is very inviting.

Unknown said...

I love your piece for the theme this week at Inspiration Avenue. Very beautiful and I especially love the sand dollars in the corner. Very nice.

Terrie said...

I saw this earlier when I visited the IA folks and thought I'd left a comment - guess it got dropped or I'm hallucinating.... at any rate, I love your seashell; the watercolors are such a soft treatment and the end result is fab. Thanks for the visit...