Friday, September 16, 2011

Imagine by Leada Wood© Artist of Texas

Imagine by Leada Wood©

This is the cover of a sketchbook that I did for a dear friend's birthday. I used my hand decorated papers and collaged them to the prepared surface. It's a good idea to use a hard back sketchbook and coat with gesso so that the paint and collage materials will adhere. The words and stars are raised above the surface of the book. I made the little bamboo stip out of clay. I always finish the books with several clear sealer coats to protect the papers.

3 comments:

Dee Doyle said...

Should I tell you when my birthday is? What a lovely gift. Leada, you are SO creative, let alone talented!

Linda Rupard said...

I like this. Good job & lots of work.. Looks like an African painting.
Linda

Leada Wood said...

Sure Dee! When is your birthday?