Saturday, September 10, 2011

Serre and Geti by Leada Wood©

Serre and Geti by Leada Wood©

This 12x14 painting, watercolor on Strathmore paper was fun to do for Inspiration Avenue's challenge, Patterns.  I named it after the mother of national parks in Africa ,the Serengeti, where about a million zebras run wild along with all the other animals. It's wonderful to have a refuge to keep them safe and protect all the wildlife.This painting will  be included in the upcoming Caboose Watercolor Society show at the Heritage Museum, running September 17 thru November 2nd, 2011.

1 comment:

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I totally enjoyed your play on words and your choice of names for the Zebras. What a wonderful painting. I had a bit of trouble finding you, but I finally got here. Couldn't pass up the chance to tell you how much I like your painting of patterns this week.