Monday, May 7, 2012

"ColorScapes" Contemporary Abstract by Leada Wood, Texas Artist

"ColorScapes" by Leada Wood©

This Contemporary Abstract is acrylic on gallery wrapped canvas and is 24x24 inches.  I used texture to begin the painting and when dry started laying in vibrant, clean colors. I used a handmade stamp to give a little pattern and then wove the colors into that to incorporate it into the painting. This is another experimental painting completed in the Granbury workshop.

Lake Granbury Art Association has the nicest facility in the Shangley House close to the heart of Granbury. They have many master painters from all over the country come there to teach workshops. I was so impressed with the nice group of people, I became a member! I already signed up for the next workshop which is Carol Nelson from Colorado. I can't wait! I have waited nearly two years to get into one of her Texas classes.

Thank you Diana Littlejohn for all your hard work getting such high quality workshops.     

No comments: