Saturday, January 19, 2013

It's A Texas Thang' by Leada Wood, Contemporary Texas Artist



It's A Texas Thang' by Leada Wood©
 Boots, boots, boots! I really like to paint boots! I have been married to Bootman for 41 years and boots run in our blood. We sell boots... we wear boots...and I paint boots.  I try to make each painting a little different but love those spurs and a beat up pair of REAL COWBOY BOOTS. The older they are the more personality they have. I am glad I live in West Texas where there are still  real cowboys. I see them everyday...although they are getting fewer and farther between.


Close up and personal with this pair. Just like people, the older they are the more wrinkles they get.



Spurs are very personal to a cowboy. They come in all sizes...shapes...and prices. Some handmade spurs are very expensive. I guess you could say there are a cowboy's jewelry. Yes that rowel applied to a horses flank does make him go faster...but they do not hurt the horse...just a gentle reminder of who the boss is.

No comments: