Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Joyful, Joyful, by Leada Wood, Contemporary Texas Artist





This is the painting I was working on when my retina tore loose in my eye. It was very emotional working on it again and finishing it.  I am so thankful that I am able to work and post on my blog again. We take so much for granted! 
 This painting is filled with symbolism and is very special to me. I have decided to keep this painting in my collection but reproductions are available. 




Butterflies represent freedom, growth, change and rebirth. The colors of the butterflies are also significant...yellow represents wisdom and black creativity.




The cocoon represents incubating, protecting creative ideas, needed withdrawal during times of transition. In the Christian religion, the metamorphosis a butterfly undergoes is symbolic of the spiritual evolution all Christians go through. In ancient mythology, the butterfly stands for wisdom and everlasting knowledge.



 
In ancient Greek the word for butterfly is "Psyche", which means soul. We are all small and appear to be the same (like the Caterpillar) , but as we grow older our true beauty shows ( like the butterfly). Like a butterfly, we are all different, and beautiful in our own way. 





Doves are symbols for love, hope, a symbol of divinity, as it is the representation of the Christ, unity, peace and as a symbol of creation. The color white projects purity and  innocence, freshness, cleanliness. It is the color of the awakened Spirit, the light of perfection, the Divine Light.



Gold symbolizes good health...relaxation...enjoyment of life. Red symbolizes life and vitality.

I will be on the Art Trail in Lubbock Texas on February 1st at Varsity Book Store, from 6-9. Please stop by and visit and see some of my new work. Thanks for stopping by!

No comments: