Monday, May 20, 2013

O HENRY! by LEADA WOOD, TEXAS ARTIST

O HENRY! BY LEADA WOOD©
DO NOT COPY!

O Henry ! is one of my paintings I have completed for the Messin' With The Masters Show. It will open May 24th with a reception for the Caboose Watercolor Society at the Heritage Museum from 5-7.

I chose Henri Matisse as one of my masters. Matisse loved goldfish. He said "I wouldn't mind turning into a vermillion goldfish." Matisse also used rich color and a limited palette with lots of design in his work. The object was to try and emulate their style in our own interpretation.

I had fun trying to come up with ideas for my paintings and then attempting to capture what I liked about it was quite a challenge. I will be posting the other three later, be sure to check my last post as it was one that I painted in Mary Cassatt's style.

Thanks for checking in!

No comments: