Tuesday, January 7, 2014

By The Light Of The Silvery Moon by Leada Wood, Texas Artist

Day 7 of Leslie Saeta's 30 paintings in 30 days challenge. One week down...only 23 days to go! It is very difficult to keep up the pace, but I keep cheering myself on and doing a painting a day. It's a mind game. Your comments make my day as well. Today I needed a change of pace so I did a mixed media, a little smaller than I have been painting. I may be down to Artists Trading card size by the end!

When I do mixed media I created my own papers using hand carved stamps and hand cut stencils from my designs. There is a lot of creative process in mixed media collage as well as many layers. It is a lot more work than painting but I enjoy it.

"By The Light Of The Silvery Moon" is 8x8 on canvas board with collage, silver leaf and acrylic paint.


By The Light Of The Silvery Moon by Leada Wood ©2014

No comments: