Sunday, January 12, 2014

Yin and Yang by Leada Wood,Texas Artist

Day 12 of Leslie Saeta's 30 paintings in 30 days challenge. Almost 2 weeks gone...I think I can, I think I can.....hey that means we are half way done! Whoo Hooo! It has really been fun seeing all the great art on line from people all over the world and learn about their techniques and stories. I try to go to different ones everyday and look at their blogs and comment.

I enjoy painting Asian inspired art . Their Culture and history have always fascinated me. I was feeling a little out of balance with this flurry of painting. When I need to get connected to my art I turn to my mixed media collage. It centers me. I used a grid pattern on a canvas board 6x6, acrylic paints,using complimentary colors and black and white. I wanted to keep it simple creating balance using circles which symbolize completion or wholeness.




Yin and Yang by Leada Wood©2014


I thought you might enjoy a little Chinese history on yin and yang. Very interesting!

Yin and Yang are ancient Chinese philosophical terms, with the Yin Yang Theory being a fundamental part of Feng Shui. It is a Chinese theory on the perspective of continuous change and balance.
The theory is that all things in the universe have an opposing force, and though they are opposing, they are very interconnected. 
These forces are represented in the yin yang symbol with black and white. The black symbolizing the Yin energy, while the white symbolizes the Yang energy.
  • Yin is the passive energy of silence, slow and relaxed movements, and deep darkness, and is the predominant energy of sleep, resting, relaxing and replenishing.
  • Yang is the active energy and is symbolized by bright lights, strong sounds and bright colors. It is the prominent energy for such times as working in a busy office or enjoying a good party.

                                                                 Yin and Yang are a duality – one cannot exist without the other  
Yin and Yang - Interior Shift

No comments: