Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Sweet Retreat by Leada Wood, Texas Artist

   
                                           
                                            Sweet Retreat by Leada Wood, copyright 2014

I think it is officially spring!  I saw my first hummingbirds and scissor tail this week. I always look forward to their return especially the Hummers as they are very entertaining! Called nature's jeweled messengers they dart and hover and buzz around showing their amazing flying abilities.

Sweet Retreat is an 9x11 transparent watercolor on archival paper. This painting along with 2 others was juried into the Dutch Art Galleries Great Outdoors Spring show. There were 350 entrants and only 49 were juried in. I am honored to have been one of the artists chosen. The show is in Dallas, Texas and opens in May.

No comments: