Friday, June 20, 2014

PURPLE IRIS BY LEADA WOOD, TEXAS ARTIST

PURPLE IRIS
 
9X11


PURPLE IRIS BY LEADA WOOD

AVAILABLE

 
I was reading an article by Kathie George on batik watercolors. Although I have been doing batik watercolor for a long time her technique was a little different from mine so I thought I would give it a go. I used my mixture of batik wax instead of paraffin like she suggested.  I did enjoy using brushes instead of the batik tools I normally use.  I enjoy the feel and the looseness it gives to the painting. The scariest part of all, in both techniques is at the end when you wad your rice paper into a ball. Sometimes holes occur so one must proceed with caution and practice. I also have done batik  with  acrylic paint and that's another whole ball of wax!
Have a great weekend!
 
 
 
 
#leadawoodart #mixedmedia #watercolor
Leada  Wood
 Live Joyfully!
galleries

 
 


1 comment:

Linda Rupard said...

This is nice Leada, good job.
Linda