Tuesday, September 22, 2015

30 Paintings In 30 Days By Leada Wood, Texas Artist



Leada Wood, Watercolor, Mixed Media, Collage


"His Eye Is On The Sparrow"
 by Leada Wood©2015


Day 22 of the 30-30 challenge


When I am painting songs or phrases pop into my head...if I am lucky and that is how I get a lot of my titles." His Eye Is On The Sparrow" was the song I enjoyed humming as I created this mixed media. The little bird looked happy and cheerful and reminded me of mom.  It was one of my her favorite songs and I thought I would share it with you.

Why should I feel discouraged, why should the shadows come,
Why should my heart be lonely, and long for heav'n and home,
When Jesus is my portion? My constant Friend is He:
His eye is on the sparrow, and I know He watches me;

I sing because I'm happy, I sing because I'm free, For His eye is on the sparrow and I know He watches me.
                                                                                                                                                                          -Civilla D Martin

No comments: