Wednesday, September 9, 2015

30 Paintings In 30 Days by Leada Wood, Texas Artist

Leada Wood, watercolor, Mixed Media, Collage


St Francis In Sunlight ©Leada Wood 2015


Day 9 of the 30-30 challenge

I always liked the Prayer of Peace that St Francis wrote, I have it hanging in my studio. I also have a statue of him in my garden...it's getting really old. I enjoy the way the sun hits it and the shadows it makes. I tried to evoke the warm sunny feel in this painting. He is a patron saint of the animals and birds land on my statue...so it must be so.

I thought I would share St Francis of Assisi Prayer of Peace with you.

Lord, make me an instrument of thy peace;
Where there is hatred, let me sow love;
Where there is injury, pardon;
Where there is doubt, faith;
Where there is despair, hope;
Where there is darkness, light;
Where there is sadness, joy.

I think his words are as timely today as they were when he penned this poem in the 13th century. May God's peace be with you.

No comments: