Monday, November 23, 2015

Art Journaling, Mixed Media by Leada Wood, Texas Artist


Art Journaling is so freeing and relaxing and gives me a place to play and try out new ideas. I am rather a newbie at it and still want to be in control somewhat. Maybe that is like everything else...it comes with practice. 

These pieces are mixed media...that means I used a lot of my art supplies I haven't used in a while. They were totally different in the beginning. I collaged paper onto the scrap mat boards I had lying around the studio then slathered paint until I enjoyed the colors. I used stamps,stencils with a little water soluble pencils, soft pastels, pens and glitter thrown in for good measure.

I enjoy the soft colors and the dream like quality of these pieces. I am working in a series of ten front and back so that will make a nice little journal when bound...if I can bear to poke holes in them!



"Dream" copyright 2015 Leada Wood


"Shine On" copyright 2015 Leada Wood


"Believe" copyright 2015 Leada Wood


No comments: