Friday, April 15, 2016

Blackbird Fly, by Leada Wood, Texas Artist



Leada Wood, Watercolor, Mixed Media, Collage


"Blackbird Fly" by Leada Wood ©2016


I just loved the Beatles...I can remember seeing them on the Ed Sulliven show. It was their first American performance. I was pretty young but my younger cousin and I followed our older cousin to their house to see what it was all about. I didn't quite get it...all those girls screaming on tv...and of course my older cousin was quite excited as well. I soon got it though and still enjoy their music. They were very creative and their music kind of changed the world of music. I never got to see the Beatles in person although I have gone to many concerts since then but I did get to see Paul and Ringo perform.

Music takes you places as well as visual art. That is why it is so important to support the arts...to keep creativity alive in our fast paced world.  Where would we be without art? All great inventions begin with an idea born out of a creative mind. Everything you wear, live in, drive , talk on, began with a vision born out of creativity.

"Blackbird Fly" is another mixed media painting in my Happy, Whacky Birds series.
Thanks for stopping by!

Blackbird singing in the dead of night, take these broken wings and learn to fly. All your life you were only waiting for this moment to arise.
Blackbird singing in the dead of night, take these sunken eyes and learn to see. All your life you were only waiting for this moment to arise.
Blackbird fly, Blackbird fly into the light of the dark, black night.
                                                                                                 ---The Beatles

No comments: