Thursday, February 23, 2017

Drawing With Graphite, Dog Portraits, by Leada Wood, Texas Artist



Ok, ok, it's official! I have gone to the dogs...at least that is what I have been drawing lately. I thought I would share a few of these doggie delights with you during the next few post.



Kris Kringle by Leada Wood©2017

  It's rather difficult to take a pencil and paper and create something much less try to make it recognizeable. I love to draw and have been doing it for years and it is still a challenge which I embrace with enthusiasm. I can tell my hand muscles are a bit out of shape as my right hand is getting sore. It is a lot of repeated motion.

  I use a mechanical pencil, vellum, stump and kneaded eraser when I draw. I like the mechanical pencil because I don't have to sharpen it and it makes a fine line. The vellum is a smooth surface paper and has no tooth so I can push the Graphite around with my stump or use my eraser to lift it. The vellum also doesn't turn yellow like a lot of drawing paper. Do you have a favorite drawing paper that is acid free? Please share the brand in the comments.

 This little pup reminded me of my parents miniature schnauzer Kris Kringle which we gave them one Christmas. He was a comical dog and loved to take naps with my dad. He wasn't allowed on the bed but mom could see the imprint of his head on her pillow. He was a good companion and they sure loved that rascal. Thanks for stopping by!

No comments: