Saturday, June 24, 2017

Cool In The Pool, by Leada Wood, Texas Artist



"Cool In The Pool" ©2017 Leada Wood

It's officially summer and the temperatures in Texas have been heating up. It is usually July before it is over 100 degrees but this year the heat arrived early.  The pool looks inviting so I decided to do a little watercolor of a girl floating in the pool trying to stay cool. This was actually a card to my daughters family, I thought the kids would get a giggle from it.

Do you remember the endless summer days when you were a kid? I would walk to Ruddick park, where our town's swimming pool was and spend the afternoon. Swimming in the cool water, giggling with my friends, and jumping off the high board. Smelling of chlorine eating laffy taffy or a Chico sticks as a treat on the walk home. Hearing locust singing their songs in the trees and the smell of freshly mowed grass wafting in the air... in the good old summertime of my childhood.

Hope this brings a few sweet summer memories to your mind and you are staying cool somewhere!

No comments: