Friday, December 1, 2017

"Just Elfin' Around" by Leada Wood, Texas Artist

    "The Fiddler"©2017Leada Wood



It’s the most wonderful time of the year! I have a passion for Christmas and the love and the magical feelings that abound during the season. It’s a family tradition in our home and I wish that we could keep the incredible kindness and good cheer that abounds alive the rest of the year!

My parents did Christmas amazingly well, not quite a page out of Norman Rockwell’s paintings but close. My daddy especially loved Christmas and was the Spirit of Christmas to me. We celebrated both the religious and secular nature of Christmas and observed the holidays from Thanksgiving until New Years Day. Don and I continue the festive traditions today and have a wonderful legacy to celebrate.

Growing up in a musical family was very special as our family band would get together and play nearly every Sunday in someone’s home. My daddy could play almost any instrument and play it well. During Christmas the carols played and were sung and got everyone in the spirit of the season. Those times are fondly etched in my memory still today.

After my daddy passed away in 1998, I started painting at least one Christmas painting every year and sometimes several. My collection has grown over the years and I enjoy sharing them with you.




Nearly twenty years later my muse was not to be contained so I embraced it and have a new series called “Just Elfin’ Around”. I hope my paintings bring happiness to you and put a little wonder back in the season.




                                                                                                               ---Gloria a Dios




                                                                                         


"The Fiddler" was the first in the series created in 2013 when Don and I  lived in Houston for a few months while he received treatments.

No comments: