Tuesday, July 10, 2018

"Use Your Wings" by Leada Wood, Texas Artist



"Use Your Wings" ©2018 Leada Wood


I love to watch the butterflies drifting along in my garden gliding on the summer breeze...going from flower to flower. Whenever I introduce new flowers into the garden I plant perennials that are bee and butterfly friendly and attractive to Hummingbirds. This summer I added Cuphea ignea or firecracker plant and Gregg's Mist Flowers. The butterflies do like them but I think Lantana is still their all time favorite.

I enjoy adding butterflies in my work and have made many paintings with them included. The butterfly is a symbol of transformation representing endurance, change, hope and life. They bring color and joy to our world.

We should be more like the butterfly...after all until we spread our wings we have no idea how far we can fly.


"Use Your Wings" is a Mixed Media Collage with gold leaf. 

Have a great week and thanks for stopping by!

No comments: