Tuesday, December 11, 2018

“The Tiny Tailor” by Leada Wood, Texas Artist





"Tiny Tailor" ©2018 Leada Wood

It is the most wonderful time of the year, so why does it seem to go so fast? Amid all the “holidaze” preparations I have been getting ready for a solo exhibition of Christmas paintings. Last year I started an “Just Elfin Around” series that I decided to carry on this year, focusing on the crafty side instead of the musical. It has been fun painting them and a good thing I finished before the Holidaze started! 

As I am painting wee folks I am reminded of the talents of my eight amazing granddaughters. They are all creative and have special talents of their own. This tiny tailor brought reflections of them quilting. We are talking 8-15 year olds, which is awesome in our fast paced technological world. It also stirred memories of a slower time when all young ladies learned sewing skills and other crafts. I hope we realize what we are giving up for this modern life. We need to nurture ourselves and our children and help them to discover and explore their talents as well as our own.  Craft and creativity still abounds in our high tech lives, we just need to slow down and honor our gifts.



No comments: