Tuesday, January 1, 2019

January Challenge by Leada Wood, Texas Artist





"Ring In The New Year" ©2019 Leada Wood

Nothing like ringing in the new year with a new painting on the table. This tiny alarm clock is from
my childhood and awakened me many mornings for school. It’s pink enamel is getting chipped and it doesn’t run anymore but I still enjoy it and wanted it to be my first challenge for the new year.

2019 is kind of hard for me to wrap my head around. My dad would have been 100 this year. He was a Fine craftsman and could fix anything! He made a living fixing clocks, watches and Fine jewelry. I still have a lot of his old clocks and his small specialty tools.




"Ring In The New Year" ©2019 Leada Wood

Not sure why I am drawn to painting small lately, manybe it’s just another challenge for me. I have taken a pack of kids flash cards and prepped them with paint as allowed in the challenge. They measure 3x5 inches. This tiny clock is painted with acrylics.

Time passes by so quickly. Change happens all around us everyday whether we like it or not. Enjoy your moments while you can because one day they will be just a memory.

"Time is a valuable thing. Watch it fly by as the pendulum swings. Watch it count down to the end of the day. The clock ticks life away." ---Ben Franklin



No comments: