Wednesday, January 2, 2019

January Challenge by Leada Wood, Texas Artist





Day two of the 30 objects in 30 days January challenge. I think January is an awesome time for a challenge. The weather is usually icky and I am hibernating and it is time for new beginnings. In the art world if you are not painting or drawing every day you lose ground. Just as in any thing practice keeps you limber.



"Silver Bell" ©2019 Leada Wood


I have a set of 3 silver bells, one for each of my kids. I have never polished them as I love the patina of old objects. During this challenge I am trying new things. Painting an old tarnished silver bell with out shiny metallic paint is a challenge and next to its shadow even more of one. I also am painting on kids flashcards which are 3x5 with random backgrounds. The cards were prepped first and making the object cohesive with the card is a challenge of its own. I also am trying to allow the background to show though the object in places.

"What a wonderful thought it is that some of the best days of our lives haven't even happened yet."---Anne Frank


No comments: