Monday, January 7, 2019

January Challenge, by Leada Wood, Texas Artist






“Little People” 2019 Leada Wood


Day 7 of the 30 objects in 30 days challenge.  I have a shadow box in the grandkids playroom that has some of my kids little toys displayed. During this challenge I thought it would be fun to paint a few of them. I think this little boy was a Fisher Price little people. They make such great toys that stimulate little folks imagination. They look a little different today, more modern and not made out of wood anymore but still a quality product. 

You can see this little guy was well loved and scuffed up. I tried to replicate that feeling in this painting. I chose the brown background because little boys love playing in the sand and getting dirty or at least the little boys I have had the pleasure to know and love do. The yellow reminded me of sunshine and my boys sunny dispositions... at least most of the time.

“God created boys, full of spirit and fun to explore and conquer, to romp and run.”



No comments: