Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Dreams Of Mine

"Dreams Of Mine" by Leada Wood (C) 2010 Mixed Media
All Rights Reserved


I created this piece on a hardcover sketch book to take to one of my art club's Christmas party. We always have an art exchange and this year I decided to do my art on something they can enjoy the whole year though, as an art journal or sketchbook. I started the process by putting gesso on the cover then I wrote some inspirational words and phrases with sharpie. I then added texture with gel medium and started applying pearlescent acrylic paints. After the painting was done I attached some silver wings and a little moon face figure I made out of clay, a little dragon fly and the letters soar. I then used inktense pencil to do the shading.
 I hope my friend likes the gift I made for her!

No comments: