Wednesday, June 15, 2011

ARTifacts by Leada Wood, Artist of Texas

ARTifacts by Leada Wood©

My Mom will be 90, July 13 so I wanted to do something meaningful in honor of her. I started this painting by laying textures in  and then to kill the white of the canvas I mixed a nice warm color and glazed the canvas. I used game pieces to spell out Mom's name and took my grandma's family bible and scanned the family registry and collaged it in the upper left. I call this way of working ARTifacts, because they come from the heart and have family history or artifacts incorparated into them.  I do  these paintings for my family and also commissions for other families. I enjoy working this way, using symbols, textures, found items and meaningful trinkets to tell the persons story.

If you would like me to do an ARTifact for you please contact me at : leada_w@hotmail.com

2 comments:

Linda Rupard said...

This is so neat. You are giving something no one else can. When is her BD?
Linda

Leada Wood said...

July 13th, we are giving her a party on the 17th.