Monday, July 18, 2011

ARTifacts© Painting by Leada Wood Artist of Texas

Oneta Sanderson with her ARTifact© painting created for her by her daughter Leada Wood in honor of her 90th birthday.
ARTifact© painting by Leada Wood©

Yes, I did add a couple of more things to my mom's ARTifact painting. After looking at it for a while I decided I needed to add a photo of me and my brothers. I chose a heart format because she always kept us close to her heart and loved us unconditionally. I also added a photo of her brothers and sisters under my grandma and grandpa so the family circle was complete. She was very surprised and liked her painting! When I took her home after her party, she asked me to hang it on her wall and with great pleasure I did.
If you are new to my blog check the older posts to see the process of this painting.
Thanks for joining me in my journeys!

3 comments:

Linda Rupard said...

What a great Gift. She looks beautiful, Glad all family got to com.

Dee Doyle said...

What an absolutely spectacular gift to give your mother. My mother used to do collage, and she so enjoyed the process. she would have loved receiving something like this. YOu are a good daughter! Beautiful work, too!

Leada Wood said...

Thank you Dee and Linda! Mom did love her ARTifact painting and it was such fun to do it for her. I am blessed to still have her.