Tuesday, July 12, 2011

How Much Is That Doggie In The Window by Leada Wood ©

How Much Is That Doggie In The Window by Leada Wood©

My neice Laura got the cutest Boston Terrier pup! His name is Sir Digby Chicken Caesar, although I haven't met him in person yet the photos inspired me to do a painting of him. I thought it would be a challenge to do him in  torn paper collage . Painting with paper is always a challenge, kind of like doing a puzzle, figuring out what paper would make the best texure to get the effect you are trying to acheive. I probably could paint two painting in the time it takes to do one collage but I enjoy the challeng of these!  I always loved the song "How Much Is That Doggie In The Window" so I used different fonts and printed part of the song out and used that for the background. Since most of the painting was done with differnt values of black, greys, browns,blues, and whites, I decided a  red for the little fellow to rest on would be nice.  This little fellow is for sale and prints are available.  I would also like to do a custom portrait of your best friend for you!
Just email me at leada_w@hotmail.com

4 comments:

Dee Doyle said...

Nice job! When you say it takes twice as long as a traditional watercolor, what does that mean in real time?

Your niece must be thrilled

Nancy Standlee said...

Great collage Leada..can't wait to see more of your "dogs"..lol..

Leada Wood said...

Ha! Good one! That is a joke, right Nancy! LOL! I have gone to the dogs all right!

Leada Wood said...

Thanks Dee,in real time a week or two IF I get to work on it some everyday. With my watercolors, I usually do a complete drawing and then edit it and then start painting. I love to draw so I enjoy the process and acquaint myself with the subject especially if it is a figurative subject. I am not a fast painter either way! Ha! I love doing the torn paper collage because of the challenge of seeing it take form and making it work...kind of like doing a puzzle.