Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Calypso by Leada Wood, Artist Of Texas

Calypso by Leada Wood ©

This is a painting I did from a photo I took when I was in Columbia. These cute ladies were dressed in their native clothes with bowls of fruit on their heads. Of course it cost me to take her photo, but a girl has to make a living somehow.
I am submitting this to Inspiration Avenues weekly  challenge, Sun Kissed. To view all the wonderful art click here:
 http://www.inspiration-avenue-team.blogspot.com/
This one is sold but I could do another one for you! Also have quality art prints and cards for sale.

4 comments:

Maggie said...

She comes from a sun-kissed land and is truly beautiful! I love this painting.

Unknown said...

I have come over from Inspiration Avenue. This is a beautiful piece for the theme this week. Love the colors and the details in her dress. Very nice.

WrightStuff said...

I feel nice and warm just looking at her!

Carola Bartz said...

She is beautiful!!! Those colors are so rich, I love the orange and turquoise. Very yummy, if I may say so.