Thursday, October 13, 2011

Moon Flowers by Leada Wood, Artist Of Texas

Moon Flowers by Leada Wood ©

I have been in Betsy Dillard Stroud's workshop in Lubbock, Texas this week put on by the West Texas Watercolor Society. We have been working in acrylics but using them transparently as well as opaquely. I have had so much fun experimenting with Betsy guiding us. This painting is a full sheet, 22X28, and I started by doing an underpainting wet on wet and then doing a  drawing of moon flowers when the paper was dry. I then divided up my space with tape and circles and when ever I crossed a line I changed value or color. I left the flowers with the underpaintings  showing and  just adding a little detail to the focal flower. It was a fun exercise and I encourage you to try it!

1 comment:

Linda Rupard said...

Looking good. Looks like fun too.
Linda