Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Creativity by Leada Wood



I have always been creative....and now I have found out not only is it fun but is also good for my health! I said I wasn't making resolutions this year but creating goals for myself.  My main goal is to get in shape, physically and mentally.  I have started the year by walking, an easy beginning, and now I have added going to Curves. The main thing is to stay committed!

Back to creativity...Researchers say that creative activity helps people feel healthier, experience fewer physical problems and makes you feel younger! Don't feel as though you are creative? Don't sell yourself short! You probably perform hundreds of creative tasks each day without realizing it. Creativity is really just about finding original solutions to problems and new ways of looking at old situations.  In a  way, it is just problem solving or anything that engages your thought process and challenges you to come up with new ideas. Creative activities are more than just a way to pass time, they're great for bolstering your mental and physical well-being.

Throwing yourself into a creative endeavor is a great way to reduce stress and is an excellent defense against memory loss. Whether you chose to engage your creativity with a group activity or go solo you will reap rewards. When you busy your mind with a creative activity, you enter the zone, which releases chemicals to the body and makes you feel good!

I don't know about you but enough said! I am glad that being creative is good for you! I have been trying to be more creative every day as well as exercising. Drag out that old sketch book and doodle or draw in it as you have your morning coffee. Better yet, get busy and create an art journal, where you can try out some of those ideas that have been in your head. It's only paper...go ahead and have some fun!

Here's to your health and a more creative you! After all isn't that what a new year is about...new beginnings?

No comments: