Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Red Rising by Leada Wood©

Red Rising by Leada Wood ©

This is my January challenge for Creative Catalyst. This month the challenge was Bold. I love experimental painting...it takes me places and oh what a ride! When you are one with the painting and  it is speaking to you...life is good!  I love textures, layers, pushing and pulling with the paint until you feel you have arrived at the end. 
Red Rising was done on illustration board and is 16x20. I used acrylic gels and stamped and scratched into that. Then I used charcoal and drew into my painting and began layering paint scratching into the wet paint with my paint brush handle to allow some of the previous colors to show through. It's always fun to sling a little paint along the way and splatter it a bit..so loosen up you can always add another layer! Be CREATIVE and let your inner artist child PLAY!

1 comment:

Dee Doyle said...

Love it Laeda! Love the colors!