Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Feed The Birds by Leada Wood

Feed The Birds by Leada Wood©
This was the original painting I did in August of  last year. You can go back into my blog and see how I did this work step by step. It just never seemed finished to me so it sat in my studio while I decided what to do to make it better. I decided it needed more color and  interest on the girl...sooo I collaged a hat band and flower and repeated the pattern in her shirt and apron. It warmed the painting up and created more movement through the painting. A ghost bird seems to have appeared behind the pigeon. Anyway I am happier with this painting and it is finished...at least for now. I like her better...how about you?
Feel free to comment!
This is a mixed media painting.
Feed The Birds by Leada Wood©

2 comments:

Linda Rupard said...

Yes Leada I like the red color you added. Looks good
& warm now like she is outside in the sunshine. You did good Girl.
Linda

Leada Wood said...

Thanks girls