Friday, March 23, 2012

Art Journaling by Leada Wood

Art Journaling by Leada Wood©

During the Holidays I entered a painting in Creative Catalyst's Paint Out and I was one of the winners! I won Ann Bagby's new DVD "The Grunge Book: An Acrylic Art Journal". The DVD was very inspirational and got me fired up AGAIN to do an art journal.
 One of the things I wanted to accomplish this year was to start an art journal and draw and paint in it everyday....wellll...it hasn't happened yet! I have decorated several journal covers but have not until now started the inside of the book. Today I changed all that...I BEGAN my art journal. There is a little preparation in getting your book started but I think it will be worth the effort.

I keep files of words and pictures that spark my imagination and that is what I turn to when I want to play. It is very helpful and gets me going. Sometimes I add a veil of paint transparently so that I can paint on top of that and the words are not so obvious.