Monday, April 30, 2012

"Gardens Of The Sun" Contemporary Abstract Painting by Texas Artist Leada Wood


"Gardens Of The Sun" by Leada Wood ©

I just completed a workshop in Granbury with artist Carolyn Riegelman. There were about 20 artists creating abstract paintings...putting layer upon layer of paint on the canvas. There were so many wonderful and exciting paintings created last week, any gallery would have had a fantastic show!
 I have heard so many people say of abstract painting, "Oh my 3 year old could do that". Well I am here to say there is more to it than meets the eye! No visual references only intuitive painting. I enjoy the texture and playing around with color and shapes...trying to bring my vision into reality. No it is NOT easy painting Abstracts and I think if you have doubts you should give it a try!
This painting is 24X24 on gallery wrapped canvas.

1 comment:

Donna said...

This turned out nice. I agree. Abstracts are not easy!