Saturday, August 25, 2012

Front Row Shimmer by Leada Wood, Artist Of Texas

Front Row Shimmer by Leada Wood©
Beginning


The bottom photo is how this miniature piece started out. I lay down 4 or 6, 5x7 substrates and start playing. I have quiet  a stash of collage papers...just ask my friends...something was said about hoarding, but I disagree! I am a collector! And talk about Green Art! Look at all the things I am repurposing!
After I glue down all the paper I want to use, I start laying in the paint. I usually use acrylics along with lots of other things to get the effect I'm after.  I wanted to give this a soft, dreamy effect of a young girl stretching in the wings getting ready for her performance. I left the words Front Row Shimmer showing...thus the title of this little jewel.
 

No comments: