Friday, August 3, 2012

Kody's Sugar Skull, by Leada Wood, Artist Of Texas



Kody's Sugar Skull ©Leada Wood
Can you believe it??? Already August! Summer is rushing by and I have been busy organizing and creating. I wish I could clone myself so that I could have a little help! You ever have that feeling? There is so much I want to do! I feel as if I am always racing the clock trying to get more out of each and every day. Life is good... And full... So many blessings to count! Don't get me wrong, I enjoy my work and feel very lucky to be able to do what I do.

In case you are wondering about these photos...this was a commission from a very special young man. Kody is my grandson and he will be going to his first year of college this fall. I can't believe that either! He asked me to do a sugar skull for his apartment. Never heard of that? Neither had I so I started googling sugar skulls. Very interesting...it has to do with the day of the dead in Hispanic culture. I don't know if you realize without seeing this in person how much painting I did on this bad boy! It has taken several weeks to paint. I guess you could say I paint on anything! Any how it was a fun challenge and there is nothing I had rather do that create for those I love. I hope he will think of his Nana... call me often and come see me when he comes home. I love you Kody Don!

No comments: