Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Colors Of Autumn by Leada Wood, Contemporary Artist Of Texas


Bootman and I took an anniversary trip to Santa Fe to enjoy the autumn splendor of the mountains.



The mountains were ablaze in all God's glory. Beautiful golden aspen everywhere you looked.



I know I took a lot of tree pictures! But they were so gorgeous I couldn't resist! It is not every day a flat land girl sees the trees at their peak of autumn splendor.



Last tree picture...I promise. I am a genuine leaf looker.



Not only are the trees a sight to behold but the sage was blooming everywhere! Beauty surrounded us.


I love Santa Fe in the Autumn! The light is different up there...the colors are vibrant. I am not normally a landscape painter but I am having thoughts about some of these photos! They would make lovely paintings...don't you think?


This was a friendly fellow and was the greeter at the entrance to the Santuario De Chimayo. A nice lady kept feeding him carrots so he didn't mind posing at all.



This is a very special church, the Santuario De Chimayo. People consider it very holy and make pilgrimages here. It is very old and beautiful.




No trip to Santa Fe would be complete without a stroll up Canyon Road. Art is everywhere! Fabulous galleries and art abound! An artists Mecca.



I loved the light shining through the colorful umbrellas...don't you?



Santa Fe is always delightful, any time of year. The colors of the flowers are vibrant, the turquoise skies and purple mountains...sigh. I am ready to return, maybe in the spring. I hope you enjoyed seeing a little of my trip and if you have never been to Santa Fe, it is time to go!

No comments: