Saturday, February 9, 2013

From Chaos To Control by Leada Wood, Artists Of Texas

 
 
 
Chaos (noun) a state of utter confusion or disorder; a total lack of organization or order.
 
 Yep that was me, one of my work tables was in complete chaos. I have been taking online classes with Jane Davies, making collage paper for Extreme Compositon. Seems like I might have gotten a little out of control in that class! It is great fun making my papers for my collages though. It could even become addictive. The problem is the class has been over since the first of the year but the chaos is still lingering behind....what to do??? It is difficult to organize all those papers and keep them handy where you can rummage through them when you are working with collage. Hmmm... have to gain control!
 

So I went shopping!!!  I  bought one of those little plastic drawer units that I am so fond of for my studio, but this is a short one and fits under my table. I then went to work sorting papers and tucking them away. I know I really needed to be painting, and I did a little, so while the paint was drying I was shuffling and sorting.



TaaDaa!!! It feels wonderful to have control again...at least until I start to work tomorrow. I would love to hear how you keep your collage materials sorted and in control!

2 comments:

Nathalie Kelley said...

Control!!! What is that! I have my pilots (pile-its) license, tho! Pile-it here and pile-it there!

Leada Wood said...

That's funny! I think I have a pilots license too!