Monday, March 11, 2013

Mardi Gras by Leada Wood, Contermporary Artist Of Texas

Mardi Gras by Leada Wood©




I always wanted to go to Mardi Gras. It looks like such a fun and lively time! I think it would be better to see it from afar, on one of the balconies overlooking the parade. I am a little claustrophobic so I would not like being surrounded by an ocean of people. When I finished this painting it had a festive, colorful flair to it and being Mardi Gras season at the time decided that would be a good name. The vivid colors reminded me of New Orleans.

 This contemporary abstract painting is 22x28 on archival rag paper, painted with acrylic paints.
This painting is available!

1 comment:

Linda Rupard said...

Leada I saw this fun painting at the Big Spring Heritage Museum. I hope everyone gets to come see your show that will be up there until April 27. Even come to your reception Friday night March 22 6-8. Painting does make you want to party. Good job.
Linda