Monday, May 27, 2013

DREAMING by LEADA WOOD, TEXAS ARTIST

DREAMING BY LEADA WOOD©
DO NOT COPY!

 I chose Matisse  because I too enjoy experimenting with a variety of styles and employing new techniques to create my own pictorial language.
Henri Matisse was one of the most influential artists of the Twentieth century whose stylistic innovations altered the course of Modern Art and spanned 6.5 decades.
 Matisse used lots of designs and an abstract quality and was not a slave to photo realism. I use lots of patterns, textures and work abstractly to portray my version of realism. We both enjoy pure colour!
 Late in life while recovering from surgery Henri began his scissor art and it became his favored medium until the end of his life and was the dominant medium of his expression.
I love to make collage art and it is my favorite medium...I only hope I do Henri justice! I think Henri and I had a lot in common both in art and the way we look at life. We both want to paint what is serene, soothing, and a calming influence on the mind. No depressing or troubling subject matter for us. We both love texture, pattern, pure color, and to work expressively.
 Here are two of my favorite Matisse quotes:
"He who loves flies, runs, and rejoices; he is free and nothing holds him back."
 "There are always flowers for those who want to see them."
I hope you enjoy my interpretations of Henri Matisse. It was very inspirational looking at all the wonderful art he created during his long career and learning about his life. What a pleasure it was to visualize two very different works and bring them into being for this exhibition.
This painting was created for the Messin' With The Masters Show at the Heritage Museum. It is 16x20 collage with handpainted paper on canvas.
Thanks for stopping by!


No comments: