Friday, June 7, 2013

Azure Angel by Leada Wood, Texas Artist

Azure Angel by Leada Wood, Copyright 2013
www.leadawood.com or www.leadawood.com/blog

This is another in my cruciform series, so much left to explore! This one really took a twist as I kept seeing a blue angel or figure in it so that is where I let the painting take me. This is what I like about painting abstractly...you begin and the process starts... you never know where you will end up until you get there!



I never thought from this beginning that it would turn into a figurative painting. I put lots of texture and collage and threw in some graphic lines. Nothing in mind except to do another cruciform painting...exploration. Again a horizontal beginning turned into a vertical format.



This is where I started seeing a figure. I changed directions and made it into the painting at the top...my Azure Angel. I hope you enjoy seeing a little of the process and reading about the journey. I'm glad you stopped by!

No comments: