Thursday, July 18, 2013

Caution! Artist At Play! by Leada Wood, Texas Artist

 
 
 
Caution! Artist At Play!  I have been having fun at Studio 20 this week. I am finally getting to try out all the surface treatments that I have been reading about. The one above is tar gel...don't know what I will do with it yet but it is exciting stuff and it has lots of possibilities!
 
 

 
 This is some of the substrates or beginnings of my new series that have a long way to go before completion.  I have learned that when working with mixed media and abstracts it is best to work on multiple paintings or a series. I use watercolor paper and my favorite colors and start painting. It takes many, many layers before they are done.
 
 

This is fiber paper with wonderful things embedded into them. You can use them as they are or cut them into shapes...the sky's the limit when it comes to mixed media! It's all about the DRAMA!



Here are a few more substrates that have a few more layers. They have been stamped, scribed into, gessoed, collaged, stenciled, spritzed with alcohol, salted and painted on...still a long way to go. Maybe you are wondering...what the heck! Well...mixed media is all about the process...the journey...the excitement of discovery. That is what gets my juices going...ahhh the artist's life is a good life and it's my life.

No comments: