Thursday, April 2, 2015

Gelli Printing, by Leada Wood, Texas Artist





 

I have been playing around with my Gelli again, so much fun! I have been trying out different stencils, stamps and found objects to see which makes the best prints. Seems to me the more layers you add the more interesting they become. I have also narrowed my tools down to my favorites. Some folks may print with control but I have found that complete abandonment turns out the best.





I have Gelli plates in several sizes but today I only worked with the 8x10. I think there may have been a little spring influence in my colors, they remind me of Easter.
 


 

I also tried something new today...printing on fabric. I really like the way it accepted the paint. What fun!
 


I also tried a new paper and metallic paints. I liked the way they look just not sure what to do with these yet. The other papers are great for collage, making cards or using in your art journals. I have a few ideas of what I want to do with my fabric but that's another post. 








No comments: