Saturday, May 2, 2015

Watercolor, Floral, Red Poppy by Leada Wood, Texas Artist


Happy May Day!

Happy May Day! by Leada Wood ©2015

I know I missed my chance yesterday to wish you happy May Day but I didn't want to miss out totally! May Day use to be a pleasant tradition as people would gather a bouquet of spring flowers put them in a basket and hang on your door knob. Some traditions should never die. May Day also brings to mind little girls in pretty dresses dancing around the May pole. Mind you, these haven't happened in my life time I have only experienced them through books...but I still think they sound nice. 

We have had the most pleasant spring I can ever remember in Texas. The winds have been mostly gentle breezes and lots of rain!  The earth has laughed and laughed in wild flowers...amazing beauty everywhere and green! Hope you are having a wonderful spring where ever you are...thanks for stopping by!

No comments: