Tuesday, January 19, 2016

Back In The Studio, By Leada Wood, Texas Artist


Leada Wood, Watercolor, Mixed Media, Collage


Hope your new year is starting off with good things! It has been a busy year already with getting ready for shows, art classes, oral surgery and an eye surgery but life is good!

My word for this year is still...mmmmmm.....you know silent, calm, tranquil, quiet, unhurried, peaceful, relaxed, to name a few meanings of the word. I am trying, really I am but life happens and there are so many fun and interesting things to do! 



copyright 2016 Leada Wood

This is some complicated paper I am making from those Gelli prints that have been stacking up. I think it could be framed, used in collage or make cards with it. What do you do with your Gelli prints?




Gelli printing is such fun I wanted to share it with a couple of my older students. They took to it like ducks to water, after all who knows how to play better than kids.

I am not sure who had the most fun me or them! They caught on quickly and we used LOTS of paint and paper. The next lesson will be to add more layers and unify the papers.


Gelli print in progress

This is a close up of one of the Gelli prints. The more layers you make the more interesting they become. You can always unify the papers with a glaze or veil of paint. I use different weights and kinds of papers for this technique. 



This is just a small portion of the afternoons work, there were papers all over the floor as well. I am grateful for a warm studio where I can create these cold winter days. Thanks for stopping by!


"Be happy in the moment, that is enough. Each moment is all we need, not more."
                                                                                             --- Mother Teresa


No comments: