Friday, January 22, 2016

Making Gelli by Leada Wood, Texas Artist



Leada Wood, Watercolor, Mixed Media, Collage




Copyright Leada Wood 2016

Happy Friday! More fun in the studio cutting up Gelli prints and making complicated papers. I must be ready for spring as these colors remind me of flowers, bright, happy colors. I am trying to get enough papers made so that I can start my new series and incorporate my Gellies as collage. 



Copyright Leada Wood 2016

Why not buy paper you ask? Well I want my paper to be original and have my stamp of creativity on them...a different look all my own in the colors I choose and they are such FUN to make!
This Gelli was a little busy so I glaze over it with a blue to calm it down a little and give it another layer.



Copyright Leada Wood 2016

You can still see everything but in a more subdued way and it makes the colors more cohesive.




Copyright Leada Wood 2016

I glazed over this one with Nickel Azo Gold. It just gives a little mystery to the papers. I probably won't use whole sheets, maybe bit and pieces here and there. I use transparent colors when glazing and a glazing medium. I also keep a paper towel handy in case I get heavy handed.



Copyright Leada Wood 2016

This Gelli is one of my favorites and destined to become the cover of a sketchbook. Why make Gellies? It gives me papers that I could never set down and paint...happy accidents occurring together...layer upon layer. I scan them into my computer and have sparks for art journal pages, card making, mixed media, collage or have it printed on canvas. The possibilities are endless if you just imagine!

Have a great weekend and thanks for stopping by!


"Every possibility begins with the courage to IMAGINE."












No comments: