Saturday, April 9, 2016

Star Light, Star Bright by Leada Wood, Texas Artist



Leada Wood, Watercolor, Mixed Media, Collage



"Star Light, Star Bright" by Leada Wood ©2016


Do you remember looking at the starry sky on a summers night and saying the little poem "Star Light, star bright, the first star I see tonight, I wish I may I wish I might, have the wish I wish tonight." It's funny when I am painting a title just pops into my head or sometimes during the drawing stage. They just seem to come out of the blue and remind me of different times throughout my life. That's why I always say " Art takes you places."

I have been working on this series of bird paintings for a show that the Caboose Watercolor Society is having at Howard College. The exhibition opened on April 1st and will run until May 4th. The reception will be April 12th from 5:00 to 6:30, be sure to drop by and see the show.

The birds are collaged from hand painted papers that I create with Gelli prints and then paint on top of the prints. It gives a whole different look to a painting. The process is a bit long but I enjoy it...I hope you do too!


"We lose ourselves in the things we love...we find ourselves there too."

No comments: