Saturday, May 7, 2016

Follow Your Star by Leada Wood, Texas Artist


Leada Wood, Watercolor, Mixed Media, Collage



"Follow Your Star" by Leada Wood©2016


Elephants make me nostalgic...they remind me of my mama, as she had a huge collection. People were always gifting her with a new one to add to her menagerie. I sure miss her.

"Follow Your Star" is a mixed media in yummy, happy colors. The colors seemed to sing to me so I added the notes at the bottom...which led to the words "Follow Your star...Dance to your music."Isn't it funny how things evolve?

The elephant symbolizes many things...strength, wisdom, remembrance, patience, power, and compassion. No wonder it makes me think of my mama. Happy Mothers Day!


"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal "


No comments: